Save the date! The first annual WE Con Austin (Women’s Empowerment Conference Austin) will be Saturday and Sunday, March 22 – 23, 2014, at the Norris Conference Center.
Right now we are seeking panel and workshop submissions!
Our goals for WE Con Austin are:
- Building connections and community among central Texas women and girls
- Sparking great discussions about gender issues
- Helping women and girls gain knowledge and build skills that will enable them to create the lives they want
Submissions should be consistent with the goals. We prefer interactive models such as discussions and skill-building workshops. We are particularly interested in proposals dealing with one or more of the following topics: self-care, community and coalition building, fitting activism into your life, how to be an effective ally, practicing feminism in everyday life, reproductive justice, and empowering girls.
Please include in your submission:
- Title of panel, workshop, or presentation
- A brief description of 300-500 words
- Description of AV and space requirements
- Your name and contact information (phone and email preferred)
The deadline for submissions is Friday, December 3, 2013. Please submit all documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Panel submission” in the subject line. You can send the submission as a Microsoft Word file, .pdf, or text file.
If you have any questions, please contact Carrie Tilton-Jones at email@example.com