Much thanks to all of you who were able to donate shoes on Easter Sunday and help support Redemptive Work at Parker Lane United Methodist Church! It was a beautiful day filled with many wonderful conversations! We are now heading into the home stretch in our effort to collect slightly worn shoes for Redemptive Work and we are asking UUMC members to help us collect shoes throughout May. This Sunday we will be collecting shoes in the courtyard so please drop your donations off with us. Here are some helpful hints for collecting and bringing in slightly worn shoes to donate for this cause.
If you did not receive a bag for collecting shoes, any 40 gallon garbage bag will do.
- Feel free to collect shoes from any family members, individuals or organizations you chose.
- Please try and limit each garbage bag to 25 pairs of shoes and rubber-band/tie shoes together. Keeping shoes together by binding them will help us avoid sorting out mismatched pairs later.
- If you don’t have 25 pairs don’t worry – any amount is a great help!
- If you do not have a 40 gallon garbage bag don’t worry, bring them any way you can.
- Bring any kind of shoes you can find; all mildly worn shoes are good shoes. You can even bring those shoes that are so old they have saw dust in them from Noah’s Ark…
Thank you for all of your support and many thanks to those of you who have already donated!